Number and amounts of announced funding rounds over the past 6 months*
* All data from crunchbase, as of August 1, 2023
IT startups take the second place for the most popular investment industry
- During the month of July, 362 financing rounds were announced.
- The total amount invested in the announced financing rounds was $4.8bn.
- Once again, most investments were made in Software companies, amounting to 99 investments, followed by Information Technology (53). Similar to last month, investments in Artificial Intelligence companies make up the third place (33).
Top 10 industries of financed startups according to the number of conducted investments
Bpifrance is the most active investor of July; no Series D round was conducted
Investors with the highest number of investments in July
Number and total volume of financing rounds per stage
Largest round of July was a Venture Round of $1.8bn
In July, most investment rounds were Seed Rounds (~38%). Despite that, a volume of over $3.3 billion was invested in 106 Venture Rounds.
London is the Europeans Venture Capital industry hotspot, with more than 2x investments than Paris
- Not only were the most investments conducted in the UK (#94), but the highest volume was also invested there during July ($2.9bn).
- When ranking by investment volume instead of the number of conducted investments, Amsterdam takes second place. The Netherlands ranks second by volume ($360.9mn)
while Germany has the second most investments (#47).
In the spotlight: nexfibre raised $1.8bn in July in a venture funding round
Nexfibre is a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband company that delivers high-speed internet service connections to homes and businesses.
Type of financing round
Nexfibre announced a newly raised Venture funding round on July 17th. The company is a joint venture between InfraVia and Liberty Global/ Telefónica, who are also the leading investors for this round.
Partner with us
Unlock the full potential of your financial strategy with Trustventure’s expert guidance. Whether you’re navigating challenges in the financial sector, seeking advice on corporate financing, or enhancing your planning and controlling processes, we’re here to empower your journey and help you create transparency and confidence for both you and your investors.