Number and amounts of announced funding rounds over the past 6 months*
* All data from crunchbase, as of September 4, 2023
IT startups take the second place for the most popular investment industry
- During the month of August, 262 financing rounds were announced.
- The total amount invested in the announced financing rounds was $1.9bn.
- Similar to June and July, most investments this month were made in Software companies, amounting to 65 investments, followed by Information Technology (38). Investments in Artificial Intelligence companies make up the third place (31).
Top 10 industries of financed startups according to the number of conducted investments
High-tech grunderfonds is the most active investor of August
Investors with the highest number of investments in August
Number and total volume of financing rounds per stage
Largest round of August was a Venture Round of $200mn
In August, most investment rounds were Seed Rounds (~39%), while 50 investments were in the Pre Seed Rounds (19%). A volume of $918mn was invested in 66 venture rounds that are not further classified.
London is the european venture capital industry hotspot, while Berlin takes the second spot
- Not only were the most investments conducted in the UK (#71), but the highest volume was also invested there during August ($596.7mn).
- When ranking by investment volume instead of the number of conducted investments, Dublin takes first place. Germany ranks second by volume ($339.2mn), and also has the second most investments (#48).
In the spotlight: TechMet raised $200mn in august in a venture funding round
As a private industrial company, TechMet is building projects to secure the supply of key metals, that are essential for advanced technologies, such as EVs, renewable energy systems, and energy storage devices.
Type of financing round
On August 15, TechMet announced its closing of a $200mn equity raise to further develop critical minerals. This successful funding puts the company on track to exceed a billion-dollar valuation in the next few months.
Falls Sie mehr über Risikokapitalfinanzierung erfahren möchten, sollten Sie unseren umfassenden Ratgeber zu diesem Thema lesen: Risikokapitalfinanzierung: Ein Leitfaden für Anfänger
Trustventure berät junge Unternehmen zu Herausforderung im Finanzbereich und bietet CFO-As-A-Service-Leistungen an. Die Expertise in Fragen zur Unternehmensfinanzierung, Planung und zum Controlling schafft Transparenz und Sicherheit für Sie und Ihre Investoren. Melden Sie sich gerne über unser Kontaktformular oder schreiben Sie uns direkt an firstname.lastname@example.org.