Number and amounts of announced funding rounds over the past 6 months*
* All data from crunchbase, as of Oktober 2, 2023
AI startups take the third place for the most popular investment industry
- During the month of October, 421 financing rounds were announced.
- The total amount invested in the announced financing rounds was $2.9bn, decreasing by 54% compared to previous month.
- Similar to previous months, most investments were made in Software companies, amounting to 97 investments. Investments in AI (42) take third place.
Top 10 industries of financed startups according to the number of conducted investments
Bpifrance is once again the most active investor
Investors with the highest number of investments in October
Number and total volume of financing rounds per stage
Largest round of October was a Venture Round of $365.1mn
In October, most investment rounds were Seed Rounds (~43%). Despite that, the largest volume of $1.1bn was invested in 92 Venture Rounds.
London is the european venture capital industry hotspot, while paris takes the second spot
- The most investments in October were conducted in the UK (98), followed by France (79) and Germany (51).
- When ranking by investment volume instead of the number of conducted investments, the UK remains on first place ($919mn). France ranks second by volume ($489mn), followed by Germany ($371mn).
In the spotlight: Canary Wharf Group raised £300mn in October in a Venture round
Canary Wharf Group is the developer of the largest urban regeneration project in Europe. CWG develops, manages and owns interests in ca. 9 million square feet of mixed-use space and over 1,100 apartments.
$365.1mn / £300mn (equity)
Type of financing round
On October 25, Canary Wharf Group announced a £300mn equity investment from its existing shareholders as well as a £100mn revolving credit facility, used for strategic repositioning and project investments. – Canary Wharf Group
Falls Sie mehr über Risikokapitalfinanzierung erfahren möchten, sollten Sie unseren umfassenden Ratgeber zu diesem Thema lesen: Risikokapitalfinanzierung: Ein Leitfaden für Anfänger
Trustventure berät junge Unternehmen zu Herausforderung im Finanzbereich und bietet CFO-As-A-Service-Leistungen an. Die Expertise in Fragen zur Unternehmensfinanzierung, Planung und zum Controlling schafft Transparenz und Sicherheit für Sie und Ihre Investoren. Melden Sie sich gerne über unser Kontaktformular oder schreiben Sie uns direkt an firstname.lastname@example.org.