Number and amounts of announced funding rounds over the past 6 months*
* All data from crunchbase, as of April 3rd, 2023
Software startups are once again the most popular investments
- During the month of March, 482 financing rounds were announced.
- Parallel to the number of announced investments, the total amount invested also increased to $3.4bn from $3.2bn in February.
- Once again, most investments were made in Software companies, amounting to 120 investments, followed by information technology (77). In March, investments in AI companies make up the third place (50).
Top 10 industries of financed startups according to the number of conducted investments
The HTFG is the most active investor of march; 190 seed rounds were conducted
Investors with the highest number of investments in March
Number and total volume of financing rounds per stage
Largest round was a Series B Round of $109.3mn
In March, most investments (~39%) rounds were Seed Rounds. Despite that, the largest volume of invested money was in 105 Venture Rounds ($1,139.6mn).
London, UK, is once again the European startup hotspot of the month
- Not only were the most investments conducted in the UK (#107), but the highest volume was also invested there during March ($434.9mn).
- Switzerland (32 investments, $307.1mn) and Spain
(31 investments, $170.9mn) place on fourth and fifth place for the ranking of most active VC countries of Europe.
In the spotlight: Noema Pharma raised $109.3mn in march with the help of 7 investors.
Noema Pharma is a biotech company that develops therapies to address disabling symptoms in conditions of the brain and nervous system.
Type of financing round
After a Series A round of $60mn (CHF54mn) at the end of 2020, Noema Pharma was able to raise a Series B round with the support of 4 existing and 3 new investors. The funds will be mainly used for further clinical testing. (noemapharma.com)
Falls Sie mehr über Risikokapitalfinanzierung erfahren möchten, sollten Sie unseren umfassenden Ratgeber zu diesem Thema lesen: Risikokapitalfinanzierung: Ein Leitfaden für Anfänger
Trustventure berät junge Unternehmen zu Herausforderung im Finanzbereich und bietet CFO-As-A-Service-Leistungen an. Die Expertise in Fragen zur Unternehmensfinanzierung, Planung und zum Controlling schafft Transparenz und Sicherheit für Sie und Ihre Investoren. Melden Sie sich gerne über unser Kontaktformular oder schreiben Sie uns direkt an email@example.com.